The Assessment and Practice question activity editors allow you to create question-specific feedback that is returned to learners once they've submitted the activity. You can create both very simple feedback and as well as more complex feedback conditions that return feedback for specific answers/user/scores/etc.
Buzz has three standard feedback options that can be easily set up.
To do so, click Add feedback on the Feedback card, and choose the feedback type(s) from the Rule dropdown, and enter the desired content in the field below.
You can choose from the following Rules:
- Feedback for When answer is correct.
- Feedback for When answer is incorrect.
- Feedback that is Always delivered (along with correct or incorrect feedback that is set up).
- Custom feedback that can be specified to Groups and Conditions.
The Custom option allows you to create customized conditions for providing feedback, using different condition variables and operators. You can even group multiple sets of conditions that you want applied to a question.
To set these up:
- Click Add feedback on the Feedback card if it's not already present.
- Choose Custom in the Rule field.
- If you want multiple conditions to be considered in returning feedback, create a Group name and use it for all of the conditions you want used together.
- When determining which feedback in a Group to return, Buzz reads the Conditions from top-to-bottom and applies the first-matched condition in each group.
- Define a Condition under which this feedback is returned using the variables and operators provided below.
- Enter the desired feedback in the field.
Custom feedback Condition variables and operators
Boolean conditions determine which when the end-user reviews an answered question. An empty or omitted
condition is logically equivalent to a
true one. The condition uses the student answers and the attempt.
You can use the following variables and the associated operators in the Condition:
|score||The scaled question score, which is a number between 0-1.||score>0.5|
|teacher||A boolean value that evaluates to true if the current user has GradeExam privileges in the course.||teacher|
|answer||Answer for the question. The type of the answer varies with the question type and can either be a string, a number, or a choice ID.||answer="Sweden"|
|answer#||For questions with more than one answer (Matching questions and Fill in the blank questions with multipe blanks), replace the # with a one-based number to indicate a specific answer.||answer1="3"|
|answercorrect#||For questions with more than one answer (Matching questions and Fill in the blank questions with multipe blanks), replace the # with a one-based number to indicate a specific answer is correct (true) or not (false).
These operators can be used with some of the variables above:
|=||Equal||Answer, Answer#, Answercorrect#, Score
|<=||Less than or equal to||Score
|>=||Greater than or equal to||Score