Buzz lets you to create notes (2,000 max) and attach them to courses, folders, and activities. After creating notes, you can return and review and edit them at any time.
These notes are intended for personal use and only you can access them.
User notes are not accessible from assessment activities.
To create a note:
- Open the Course Home and select the folder or activity you want to attach the note to. If you want to create a course note, don't select a folder or activity.
- Click the Notes icon next to Help.
- Click the plus (+) sign, enter the note as plain text in the window that appears, and Save. Use hashtags with terms that you want to be easily searched. For example, you could use #MarineLife to be able to quickly find all notes related to that folder.
The note is saved and attached to the specific activity, folder, or course where you created it. In this example, it's attached to a folder called Week 1: Polygons.
To access the note later, you can reopen this activity or click Go to all notes and find it.
On the All notes screen, notes are listed in chronological order. By default only notes from active courses are listed, but you can click View past courses to see notes from inactive courses.
Review, edit, and delete notes
To review notes:
- Open the Course Home and click the Notes icon in the toolbar. Selecting it at the course level shows notes attached there; selecting it after opening an activity or folder shows notes attached to those items.
- Any notes attached to the course, folder, or activity that was selected when you clicked the Notes icon appear.
- Click Go to all notes to see all notes you've created.
- On the See all notes screen, notes are listed in chronological order.
- By default only notes from active courses are listed, but you can click View past courses to see notes from inactive courses.
- Use the Search window to find notes using specific words or hashtagged terms. (Hashtags make terms easily searched. For example, you could use #MarineLife to be able to quickly find all notes related to that folder.)
- Click on a note to Edit or Delete. Be sure to Save changes.
Admins can enable and disable User Notes on the Features screen.