How do I configure group-specific activity settings?
Vary settings (due dates, grade weights, etc) between groups.
Once your groups are created, you can configure activity settings to meet each group's specific needs and to establish group-driven staggered schedules.
Specify groups in the activity editor
The activity editors for folders and activities can be easily filtered by Group. By default, it is set to All groups; if you want to create group-specific settings, select the group from that dropdown, and configure your settings.
Review group-specific settings
When you create a due date or grade visibility date using the All groups option, these dates appear on the Scheduling tab of the Editor tool; however, group-specific settings can only be reviewed using the activity editor and the Group Settings tab of the Editor tool.
With the Group Settings tab, you can:
- Filter the displayed folders and activities by Grouping or Folder.
- Filter the displayed group set with View By to show:
- Property, which allows you to organize by Visibility or Due Date in the second dropdown.
- Activity, which allows you to organize using folders in your Syllabus in the second dropdown.
- Group, which allows you to organize by groups within the chosen group set in the second dropdown.
- Use the Property dropdown to choose to see
- Visibility settings; when selected, you can toggle them in the table.
- Due dates; when selected, you can modify them in the table.
- Select a folder or activity to see it's Properties and use the side menus to Edit, Preview, or Delete folders and activities.