Student choice activities provide powerful personalized-learning experiences
Enable and configure student choice activities
Student choice activities enable your students to review approved activities and choose to complete the ones that best align with their interests and goals.
- Open the Editor.
- Select the folder for which you want to enable student choice activities and click the pencil (edit) icon.
- In the Folder Settings tab, check the box labeled Enable student choice for this folder.
- In the field that appears, enter the Number of required choice activities that you want your students to select.
- If you want your students to be able to complete more than the required number of activities, check the Allow extra choices box.
- If you want to give students the ability to choose from activities beyond what you add to this Choice Activities folder, check:
- Allow choices from any folder to permit students to choose activities from any Choice Activities folder in the course. This way, you can create a bank of choice activities from which students can select at different points throughout the course.
- Allow choices from Digital Library to permit them to choose activities from the available digital libraries.
- Click Save. A folder titled Choice Activities now appears at the bottom of the selected folder.
Create student choice activities
Once you've enabled student choice activities, you can start creating student choice activities:
- Select the Choice Activities folder that appears at the bottom of the folder.
- Click the Add to ..., choose your activity type, and start building.
- To see how choice activities appear to your students, select the course and folder in the Activities tool. Students simply click Choose an Activity and select from the available activities.
- How do I review and grade student choice activities?
- For students: How do I complete student choice activities?
- If you provide gradable options in the student choice activities, you can grade them through your To-do List or each student’s Performance page.