How do I align activities with objectives?
Using the Editor
Aligning each activity to the appropriate objectives allows you to track your students' competency mastery based on their performance and focus your intervention where it’s needed.
- Open the Editor with the Main Menu.
- Create a new activity or select the activity you want to align objectives with and click the pencil icon (edit).
- Click Choose objective in Settings tab > Objective mastery card.
- Check the boxes next to objectives to align them with the activity. Use the Filter field to search objectives for words and phrases.
- Click Done.
Alternative drag-and-drop approach
You can also align objectives with activities and folders by:
- Opening the Editor from the Main Menu.
- Selecting the desired folder or activity.
- Expanding the left panel and selecting the Objectives tab.
- Selecting, dragging, and dropping the objectives from the list on the left to the target folder or activity.
Review the Syllabus > Objectives tab to see which objectives have been aligned
With the Objectives tab, you can:
- Filter the displayed objectives.
- Review the number of gradable and non-gradable activities are aligned with each displayed objective.
- Quickly identify objectives that aren't aligned with any activities by looking for a red square in the bottom, left corner of objective's row. When objectives have been aligned with activities, the square is colored to match your chosen theme.
- How do I create and import objectives?
- How do I review my students' progress on mastering objectives?
- How do I change my course's objective mastery threshold?
- You can align objectives with folders using these same steps.
- Aligning activities with helps generate student data points that you can easily review on the People tool.
- The Clipboard tool enables you to take quick intervention steps from any page in Buzz.