How do I use the Student Grades screen?
The Student Grades screen gives teachers and administrators a view of a student's progress as students, themselves, see it.
Teachers can access it by clicking on a student in:
Administrators can access by clicking on a student's Course enrollment from Users > [Student] User ID > Performance.
The Student Grades screen can show up to ten tabs, where users with appropriate permissions can:
- View activity Grades, use the Grades tools in the toolbar, and click an activity to grade it with the Grade editor
- View overall grades and progress in the student Dashboard.
- Review personalized For me tasks.
- Use the What if tool to explore grade possibilities for the student.
- Review the student's recent Activity in the course.
- Review Objective mastery.
- Review course Analytics.
- Review Badges earned.
- Review the student's Stream.
- Review the student's To-do list.
Grades tab tools
From this screen, teachers and admins with appropriate permissions can:
- Use Quick edit to make changes to any activity score for the student right from this screen.
- Batch-update grades for the student on multiple activities.
- Print grades.
- Use the Clipboard and go to Announcements.
- Organize the activities on the screen by Grading categories or by Syllabus order.
The Quick edit tool allows you to update activity Scores for a student right on this screen.
To do so:
- Click the Enable quick-edit grading button in the toolbar (it is highlighted when enabled as in the screenshot).
- Click the row for any gradable activity to activate the editable field, and update the Score column.
- Clicking on a new row saves the updated Score.
- Pressing Enter while in a field saves the Score and navigates you to the next editable Score field.
- Pressing Shift+Enter while in a field saves the Score and navigates you to the previous editable Score field.
When you're done using Quick edit, you can click the tool in the toolbar to disable it.
If you leave it enabled, it remains enabled when you navigate away from the screen, so you can return and continue editing scores. Enabling Quick edit from this screen also enables it in the Gradebook, so you can navigate between screens to update scores.
Batch-update multiple activity grades for a single student
From the Student Grades screen, you can Batch-update grades for multiple activities for a single student.
To do so:
- Click the Enable batch-update grading button in the toolbar (it is highlighted when enabled as in the screenshot).
- Check the boxes next to activities you want to update grades for.
- Click Allow retry or Excuse button to apply the grade update.
You can also:
- Use the Activity grader to batch update an activity score for multiple students.
- Make changes to multiple activities at once.