The Dawn Learner Experience is simple. It is designed to provide engaging video-centric courses on most major devices, so you can easily start a lesson on your smartphone and finish on your laptop.
The Dawn learner UI includes:
- Home: This screen lists the courses you're already enrolled in, your progress in those courses, and a list of courses you might be interested in taking.
- Feed: Open the Feed to review and participate in conversations you're following. Your Feed opens on the right side of your screen (shown in the screenshot), so you can interact with others from anywhere in the experience.
- Catalog: Open the Catalog to browse and preview available courses.
- Language: Click to choose your preferred language.
- User Menu: Open to learn about the publisher, change your settings, and logout.
- Courses: Click on any of your courses to start or to jump back in and continue learning.
Completing a course
When you enter a Dawn course, you see high-quality video and a video transcript that highlights the relevant text as the course plays. The best way to familiarize yourself with the Dawn Learning Experience is to jump in and take a course, but here's a quick rundown of your menus and tools:
- The Table of Contents is collapsed by default; it is opened in this screenshot. You can open the TOC at any time to review your progress, jump to another place in the course, and review course materials.
- Your course player and transcript adjust in size and placement to best suit the device you are using.
- Your Feed is available from everywhere in the app. Collaboration, social engagement, and group knowledge building is a key component of the Dawn Learning Experience.
Dawn gives you a quick tour the first time you use it, and you can always revisit that tour by enabling it in your User Menu.