Buzz makes it easy to print and track unique assessments for students.
There are various reasons you may want to allow students to complete an assessment using paper, including meeting specific Accommodations like an Individualized Education Program (IEP) aligned with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
With some systems, printing an assessment means losing the ability to track student attempts, randomize questions, and take advantage of automated test analytics that an LMS provides.
Buzz's assessments allow you to offer a printed option without losing these benefits.
Print unique assessments for each student
To print assessments:
- Open the Activities tool from the Main Menu.
- Select the assessment that you want to print, and click Print.
- Check the boxes next to the students for whom you want to print assessments. Each assessment that you print is:
- Associated with a specific student.
- Given a trackable version number.
- Counted as a "new attempt" and remains open until the printed assessment is returned and entered into the system (see Grade assessments section) or until the student complete the assessment through Buzz.
- Click Print.
- Look over the print preview to ensure it's correct, and click Print, again.
- Distribute each assessment to the student named at the top.
Grade printed assessments
To grade printed assessments when they are returned:
- Open the Performance/Gradebook tool from the Main Menu.
- Select the assessment, and click Submit Answers in the toolbar.
- Select the student whose assessment you want to grade.
- Make sure the version number is correct and enter the answers from the printed assessment into the appropriate fields.
- Click Submit, Buzz automatically grades the assessment, and a checkmark appears next to the student.
- As with assessments completed in Buzz, you must grade and score essay questions as part of the grading process.