- Specify how many Points the question is worth.
- Enter the question as you want it displayed to students.
- Enter the answer options in the fields below. Check the box next to the answer option(s) that are correct.
- Use the answer option side menus to:
- Remove the option.
- Lock the options position in the list.
- Create feedback for students to see when they choose that specific option. You can also set up feedback for the entire question.
- Click Add choice to create new answer options.
- This section pictures and explains the default visual editor; enable the Text editor to create and edit questions with the advanced Text editor.
Click Add feedback to create various types of feedback.
To manage the question's Interaction:
- Indicate how you want the answer options labeled.
- Check the Maintain response order box if you want the answer options to always appear as you entered them.
- Check the Show inline box to place the answer options inside a dropdown menu at the end of the question for the student instead of using radio buttons.
- Check Display workspace to give students a rich text editor where they can record their notes and processes as they work on the question.
- Students can also record and upload video or audio responses as part of their notes.
- If one or more passages have been included in the activity, you can select one to attach to this question from the Include passage dropdown.
- Provide a Custom question definition (contact support for additional assistance).
The Metadata card lets you attach information to questions:
- Assign a Difficulty level to each question can help track your overall assessment difficulty.
- Add a question to an existing Group.
- The question ID is a unique identifier for this question.
Use the Score card to indicate:
- If you want to allow for Partial credit for the question.
- And, if so, if you want to automatically Round the score.
- If you want the question to count as Extra credit.
With the Variables section you can create a range or list of variables for use in the question.
Check the appropriate box(es) to provide students with one or more of the following calculators to use with this question (Basic, Standard, and/or Scientific). This can also be specified for the entire activity with the Assessment activity editor.
Click Add material in Companion Material to attach any supplemental documents students need to complete this question. You can do this by:
- Pointing to existing resources in the course.
- Uploading new files (PDFs only).
Students can access Companion material by clicking the Files icon in the toolbar.