Review activity Analytics
The Activity Grader includes an Analytics tab that outlines:
- Frequency of Scores, which illustrates score distribution on a bar graph, providing values for the passing threshold, mean, median, standard deviations, and quartiles.
- Statistics, which lists the significant data.
- Frequency of Grades, which breaks the data down and represents it according to the course's grading scheme. The example uses a Pass/Fail grading scheme.
- Learning Objective Mastery, which breaks the performance data down by learning objectives.
- Proficiency by Student, which breaks objective performance down by student.
If you run the report on a Master course, a Proficiency by Course section replaces the Proficiency by Student section and breaks down objective proficiency by derivative courses. In this case, the Export CSV button downloads the course data.
Review questions Analytics
For assessment activities, you can review analytics about each question in the Questions section.
- This arrow expands the question, showing the percentage of students that chose each possible answer.
- The first column uses alerts to call out potential concerns about a question's difficulty and/or discrimination based on patterns in student performance. Hover over the alert for more information.
- The # column allows you to sort by question number.
- The Difficulty column estimates difficulty based on the percentage of students who got the question right. Click the header to sort by difficulty.
- The Discrimination column estimates how well the question indicates students' understanding of the concept being tested. Questions that are so difficult that almost no one answered them correctly, or so easy that everyone got them right have low discrimination. Click the header to sort by discrimination.
- The Question text column lists the question without answer options. Click the header to sort the text alphabetically.
- Click remove question to exclude the question from impacting student scores.
To export the displayed data:
- Click the *Export Analytics button in the Activity Grader > Analytics toolbar.
*As of the summer of 2017, some users are using the new Buzz UI in which the Export analytics icon looks like this:
- Open the dropdown and indicate whether you want to export a report that focuses on Test Scores, Test Item Responses, Learning Objective Mastery, Student Proficiency, or Item Analysis.
- Check the boxes next to the information that you want included in the report; the options change depending on which report type you chose in step 2.
- Provide the File name you want the report saved under.
- Choose to export the data as Comma-separated file (*.csv) or a Tab-delimited file (*.txt).