What are Course Cards?
Course Cards appear on the Home page for you and your students, but they display slightly different things. As they're one of the first things that students see upon signing into Buzz, so it's worth taking some time to make sure they show what you want.
Course Cards can display:
- A course title, term, color, and image: These are all managed through the Editor (see instructions below).
- Students grade/score: The Course Card displays the student's grade. You can define in what form (letter grade, points, or percentage) the grade is displayed (see instructions below).
- Course progress: If a course is set up to display student progress, students see a progress bar that indicates how many of the gradable activities they have completed. To remove this, check the Hide student course-completion percentage box in the Editor > Settings > Gradebook > Options (see instructions below).
Manage Course Card title, term, color, and image
To manage the the course title, term, color, and image that appears on a Course Card:
- Define the Title, Term, and Start and End dates.
- Upload a course image.
- Recommended thumbnail file type: PNG or JPG (Buzz converts all files into PNGs)
- Ideal thumbnail size: 400px x 400px (Buzz automatically resizes images, so uploading images smaller than 400px x 400px may reduce quality)
- Assign a course color using its hexadecimal number.
Manage Course Card grade display
To manage the way grades are displayed on a Course Card:
- Check the box(es) next to the preferred display(s) under Course grade view in the Gradebook options card. If you choose multiple formats, the Course Card shows only one form; Letter grade takes priority, then Points, and then Percentage.
Hide course completion indicator
To hide the course completion indicator:
- Check the Hide student course-completion percentage box on the Advanced options card.
Hide Course Cards
Buzz allows you to hide and show all of your course's Course Cards. To do so:
- Click Manage Courses in your Home page toolbar.
- Select View/Delete.
- Check the boxes next to the Course Cards you want to hide.