Create metadata fields that allow you to record and track additional information about a user.
To do so:
- Open Domain Settings.
- Click Add on the Metadata for users card.
- Provide the following:
- Name, which is not visible to the users and cannot include spaces or special characters (you can underscore or hyphenate between words).
- Title, which is visible to user.
- Input Type.
- Any Placeholder text you want.
- Default, which defines the state or content that you want present in the field when users first encounter it.
- Indicate which options you want to apply:
- Read-only in subdomains: Check this box if you want the metadata to appear in subdomains, but not be editable.
- Hidden in subdomains: Check this box if you don't want the metadata to appear in subdomains.
- Required when editing: Check this box if you want the field to be required.
Include metadata filter in list view: Check this box if you want this to appear as a filter various screens in the Admin app. If you select this, you can also:
- Indicate the List-view column width (in pixels).
- Indicate whether you want to Include metadata filter in list view and, if so, provide the Default filter value. If you do not specify a value, then the list is not filtered by that metadata field.
- Click Done and Save.
Which screens are impacted by advanced User metadata?
Selecting the Include metadata column in list view option makes the filter appears on the following screens:
- The Users tool list.
- The User settings editor.How do I create Course Metadata fields?
- The User pickers that appear in Create Enrollment screens and Report creation screens: