Buzz lets you easily record Accommodations that inform Individual Education Programs (IEPs) and compliance with 504, NCAA, ELL, etc. This content is visible in a read-only form to the users' teachers, but not available to students. Formerly, this kind of content was managed through File Notes; all File Notes have been translated into Accommodations.
Admins create Accommodations
- Open the Users tool.
- Select the desired student.
- Click Edit in the toolbar.
- Scroll to the Accommodations section and:
- Use the rich text editor to record specific notes about the user. Remember that admins can access and edit the notes, and the user's teacher can access a read-only version.
- Check the box if you want to Ignore time limit on assessments for this user.
- Check the box if you want to Limit number of options on multiple-choice questions and enter the desired number.
Teachers can access Accommodations
Once Accommodations are created for a user, an Accommodations (flag) icon appears in various places of the Teacher app.