Buzz lets you easily record Accommodations and other information that inform Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and compliance with 504, NCAA, ELL, etc. This content is visible in a read-only form to the users' teachers, but not available to students.
Formerly, this kind of content was managed through File Notes; all File Notes have been translated into Accommodations.
Admins create Accommodations
- Scroll to the Accommodations section and select the applicable accommodations:
Never automatically assign zeros to my past-due activities for this user.
- This overrides a setting in Course settings > Advanced options.
Ignore activity passwords for this student; this setting asks you to enter the date on which you want this accommodation to expire. Overriding this setting for a student can be useful in a situation where passwords are provided during class, but a student is unable to attend for a period of time.
- This overrides a setting in an activity editor's Visibility and access card.
Ignore time limit on assessments for this user.
- This overrides a setting in the Assessment editor > Advanced assessment options card.
- Check the box if you want to always allow SpeechStream tools during assessments.
- Limit number of options on multiple-choice questions; this setting asks you to select the desired number of question options in the dropdown menu.
- Never automatically assign zeros to my past-due activities for this user.
- In the Individualized Education Program (IEP) card, click Edit.
- In the Individualized Education Program (IEP) editor, you can do any or all of the following:
- Record notes in the rich text editor.
- Upload a file (.html or .pdf) to attach to the student's IEP.
- Link a URL to the student's IEP.
- When you're done, scroll to the top of the screen and Save your changes.
In order for an Accommodations (flag) icon to appear for teachers, you must add a note, attachment, and/or URL to a student's IEP. Checking the Ignore time limit on assessments or Limit number of options on multiple-choice questions boxes without a note or attachment doesn't display a flag for teachers.
Teachers can access Accommodations
Once Accommodations are created for a user (as a note, attachment, and/or URL), an Accommodations (flag) icon appears in various places of the Teacher app.
- When a teacher selects that student to access their Student screen, View Accommodations appears on the Dashboard. Teachers can click it to access the read-only Accommodations.