A Peer Assessment activity asks you to evaluate your classmates' performance using a rubric provided by your teacher. This could be focused on a specific activity (like a group project, a presentation, a blog, etc.) or on more general performance (things like participation, collaboration, etc.).
Open the Peer Assessment activity
To open a Peer Assessment, select the activity from your To-do List or Course Home tool. (How do I review course activities?)
In the activity, you can click View Rubric to review the evaluation guidance from your teacher.
The rubric lists:
- The specific behaviors that your teacher wants you to evaluate and the total number of points possible for each.
- The levels of performance your classmate can earn on each behavior and the point ranges associated with each.
- A brief description of what your classmate should accomplish to earn each performance level.
- The total points possible for in the evaluation.
To complete a Peer Assessment:
- Select the peer you want to evaluate.
- If you see an Add a Group Member button, your teacher wants you to choose your own group. Click it and select the classmate you are to evaluate. Do this for each student in your group.
- If you see group members listed (as shown below), your teacher has already assigned groups. Click the classmate you want to evaluate.
- For each behavior that your teacher wants you to evaluate, click the description that best matches your classmate's performance.
- Enter any feedback that you'd like to include about your classmate's performance in this area. Your teacher can deactivate this option, so the field doesn't always appear.
- Keep in mind that your classmate may see this evaluation.
- Enter Private comments to the teacher in the appropriate field.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for each student you are required to evaluate (including yourself, if asked).