To run Test Analytics Reports, open Reports from the Main Menu, select Test Analytics, and follow the numbered steps:
- Choose a course: Enter or browse to the desired course.
- Choose an assessment: Find the desired assessment in the second field.
- View the results: Click Run Report to review the results. If there aren't enough graded activities, you receive the following message instead of analytics: To protect student privacy, statistics are not available until grading has been completed for more students.
Review Test Analytics results
Test Analytics Reports include:
- Frequency of Scores, which illustrates score distribution on a bar graph, providing values for the passing threshold, mean, median, standard deviations, and quartiles.
- Statistics, which lists the significant data.
- Frequency of Grades, which breaks the data down and represents it according to the course's grading scheme.
- Question Item Analysis, which illustrates item difficulty and discrimination performance for each question and allows users to see how the each question answer impacts score.
- Proficiency by Learning Objective, which breaks the performance data down by learning objectives.
- Proficiency by Student, which breaks objective performance down by student.
- Export CSV, which downloads the student data in a comma-separated value (CSV) file. From the Report to export dropdown, you can choose from the following export options to specify the data you want run: Test Scores, Item Responses, Item Analysis, Learning Objective Mastery, and Student Proficiency.
- Start over, which clears the report, so you can run a new one.
Master course Test Analytics Reports
If you run the report on a Master course, a Proficiency by Course section replaces the Proficiency by Student section and breaks down objective proficiency by derivative courses. In this case, the Export CSV button downloads the course data.