How do I manage a course's enrollments?
Open the Courses tool from the Main Menu, click the Course ID, and select Enrollments from the tabs bar.
Add new enrollments
To add a new enrollment:
- Click the New [plus sign] button in the toolbar.
- Provide the following for the new enrollment:
- The user name or ID to search the current domain; to search all domains and/or browse through the users you have access to, click the list (browse) icon at the far right of the User field (required). If you want to add more than one user enrollment, click Add Another.
- The desired Role (required).
- The desired Status (required).
- A Start Date and an End Date for the enrollment (optional).
- An External ID, which is any ID needed to align the enrollment with an external program or application (optional).
- Click Permission Details to see which permissions are granted by a selected role; if you want to create a custom role, check the boxes next to the permissions that you want included. Permissions granted here are applicable only within this course.
- Click Create.
Manage existing enrollments
You can also use this screen to manage and import enrollments.
- To edit or add observers to an enrollment, click the Enrollment ID.
- To see a user's enrollment details in the Users tool, click the User ID.
- To delete an enrollment, check its box and click Delete; check multiple boxes to delete more than one at a time.
- To move an enrollment, check its box and click Move.
- To review and restore deleted enrollments, click Restore.
- To update multiple enrollments' Status (active/inactive), Role, Start Date, or End Date at once, check their boxes and click Bulk Update. These are permanent changes, so be careful.
- To import enrollments using a tab-delimited or comma-separated file, click Import and browse to the file on your computer. You can also import enrollments by clicking the ticket (enrollments) icon in the Domain tool's toolbar.
When an enrollment is selected, the History tab allow admins to review changes made to that enrollment.
- Click the View options (when available) to see the old and new values.
- Click Changes to see changed settings.
- Click Details to see current settings.
Buzz allows you to update certain enrollment components in bulk. To do so:
- Check the boxes for the enrollments you want to update and select Bulk update.
- Edit the following settings by checking the appropriate box and making the desired changes:
- Start date
- End date
- Bulk updates are permanent and should be handled very carefully to ensure you are editing the correct enrollments. Because of this, Buzz requires you to check the box reading:
- I have verified that the enrollments I am about to permanently update are the correct ones, and I confirm that I want to update them with the field values shown above.
- Once you have checked this box, click Update.