Open the Courses tool from the Main Menu, click the Course ID, and select Enrollments from the tabs bar.
To add a new enrollment:
- Open the vertical menu in the toolbar and click New.
- Provide the following for the new enrollment:
- The user name or ID to search the current domain; to search all domains and/or browse through the users you have access to, click the list (browse) icon at the far right of the User field (required). If you want to add more than one user enrollment, click Add Another.
- The desired Role (required).
- The desired Status (required).
- A Start Date and an End Date for the enrollment (optional).
- An External ID, which is any ID needed to align the enrollment with an external program or application (optional).
- Click Permission Details to see which permissions are granted by a selected role; if you want to create a custom role, check the boxes next to the permissions that you want included. Permissions granted here are applicable only within this course.
When an enrollment is selected, the History tab allow admins to review changes made to that enrollment.
- Click the View options (when available) to see the old and new values.
- Click Changes to see changed settings.
- Click Details to see current settings.
- Roles & Permissions
- How do I create and manage domain roles?
- How do I manage user domain permissions?
- How do I manage a user's enrollments?
- To delete an enrollment, check its box and click Delete; check multiple boxes to delete more than one at a time.
- Click Restore to review and restore deleted enrollments.
- Click Edit in an enrollment's column to make changes.
- To update multiple enrollments' Status (active/inactive), Role, Start Date, or End Date at once, check their boxes and click Bulk Update. These are permanent changes, so be careful.
- To import enrollments using a tab-delimited or comma-separated file, click Import and browse to the file on your computer.
- Permissions granted here are only applicable within this course.