Open the Users tool from the Main Menu to manage users in a domain.
Add new users
To add a user:
- Click New and provide the new user's:
- First Name and Last Name (required).
- Username, which they use to sign in (required).
- Password (Confirm the password in the field below) (required).
- Email, to which email composed in Buzz is sent (optional).
- External ID, which is any ID needed to align the user with an external program or application (optional).
- Description, which can be used for other descriptors your organization needs recorded.
- Metadata, any user metadata fields added to your domain with User Options (Anticipated year of graduation in this example) appear at the bottom of this window. These values appear in the user's User Data screen.
- Click Save to save and close. Click Save and edit accommodations and skip to step 4 of this article to record Accommodations for the user (e.g., Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), Personal Needs Profiles (PNPs), 504 compliance).
Manage existing users
Use this screen to manage existing users.
- To delete a user, check their box and click Delete; check multiple boxes to delete more than one at a time.
- To import users using a tab-delimited or comma-separated file, click Import and browse to the file on your computer.
- To update multiple users' Status (active/inactive) at once, check their boxes and click Bulk Update. This is a permanent change, so be careful.
- Click Edit in a user's column to make changes to the fields outlined in the Add new users section, below.