How do I add and manage domain users?
Open the Users tool from the Main Menu to manage users in a domain.
Add new users
To add a user:
- Click New [plus sign] in the toolbar.
- Provide the new user's:
- Username, which they use to sign in (required).
- First Name and Last Name (required).
- Password (Confirm the password in the field below) (required).
- External ID, which is any ID needed to align the user with an external program or application (optional).
- Email, to which email composed in Buzz is sent (optional).
- Description, which can be used for other descriptors your organization needs recorded.
- Metadata, any user metadata fields added to your domain with User Options (Anticipated year of graduation in this example) appear at the bottom of this window. These values appear in the user's User Data screen.
- Record Accommodations for the user (e.g., Personal Needs Profiles (PNPs), 504 compliance).
- Record Individualized education program (IEP) where available.
- Click Create.
Manage existing users
Use this screen to manage existing users.
- Select the User ID to review and edit a user's details.
- To import users using a tab-delimited or comma-separated file, open the vertical menu in the toolbar, click Import and browse to the file on your computer.
- To update multiple users' Status (active/inactive) at once, check their boxes and click Bulk Update in the vertical menu in the toolbar. This is a permanent change, so be careful.
- To delete a user, check their box and click Delete in the vertical menu in the toolbar; check multiple boxes to delete more than one at a time.
- Click Restore to review and restore deleted users.