Google integration options
Buzz enables two types of integration with Google:
- Automatic integration with Google Drive (covered in this article): Most Buzz domains are automatically integrated with Google Drive, allowing users to use Google Drive documents in Buzz as long as they have a Google account. This integration does not include collaborative tools.
- G Suite integration (Learn more): This integration requires more setup, requires users to have a Gmail address attached to their Buzz account, and enables collaborative tools.
We know that a seamless and secure Google Drive integration is imperative to many of our Buzz users. Previously, each customer had to obtain their own Google Client ID and set up their own integrations (learn more). On Nov. 2, 2017, our integration was updated so that all domains automatically inherit and use a top-level, Google-approved integration with Buzz.
What does this mean for you?
While this update significantly eased the integration process moving forward, customers that were already integrated with Google Drive have to make some minor changes.
- If are a new customer and/or HAVE NOT set up your own Buzz/Google Drive integration, you don't have to do anything. You will automatically inherit and start taking advantage of Buzz's top-level integration. Users are asked to sign into their Google account in order to access your documents. If you aren't sure whether you've set it up, follow the disable directions (if the Google Drive Client ID is blank, you haven't integrated).
End-users will notice a new option in the User Menu allowing them to Logout of Google Drive (see screenshots for old and new Buzz UIs):
- If you HAVE set up your own Buzz/Google Drive integration and want to take advantage of our top-level integration, disable your integration.
- If you are a partner with your own URL and deployment, this update does not impact you. Feel free to contact your Agilix account manager with questions.
If you want to opt out of inheriting Buzz's top-level integration, follow these directions.
- Note: We do recommend you use our integration, so contact support and/or your account manager with questions and concerns.
If you have any questions, please contact your system admins, Agilix support, and/or your Agilix account manager.
Google Drive integration may require you to allow popups from Buzz
End-users who attempt to attach a google document without first logging into Google must allow pop-ups from the Buzz site to allow Google to prompt them for their Google Drive credentials. If pop-ups are blocked, end-users get an “Unable to communicate with Google Drive” error in Buzz.
To allow popups from Buzz, click the "pop-up blocked" icon in your address bar, click the "Always allow pop-ups from ..." radio button, and click Done.
Disable your current Google Drive integration
During the summer of 2017, we released a new Buzz UI, giving you the same features and functionality with a cleaner, simpler user experience.
Until all users have switched to the new UI, our Help Center articles will include information for both.
Click the header below that aligns with the Buzz UI version you are using (Old UI or New UI); if you don't know which version you are using, review the differences and/or contact your system admin or Agilix account manager.
If you have set up your own Buzz/Google Drive integration, we recommend you follow the directions below to disable it, so you can take advantage of our automatic top-level integration.
- Open Settings in the Domain toolbar.
- Select Integrations and delete the Google Drive Client ID field value under Google Drive.