How do I remove inherited customization settings?
Administrators can customize a domain in the Configure tool to meet their institution’s needs.
Most customizations are inherited, or rolled down, to subdomains. This is a great benefit for an institution that manages many domains and wants some settings to be used by all of the domains. However, in some cases, an inherited setting is not desired.
To remove inherited settings, simply navigate to the subdomain and change the setting in question. This impacts that subdomain and any domains downline from it.
The following settings are not inherited by subdomains:
- Authentication (managed from Domain Settings)
- Domain-wide assessment passwords (managed from the Domain Details toolbar)
- Google Drive (managed from Domain Settings)
- LTI 1.1 tools (managed from Domain Settings)
- Peer Help configurations (managed from Domain Settings)