Administrators can customize a domain in the Configure tool to meet their institution’s needs.
Most customizations are inherited, or rolled down, to subdomains. This is a great benefit for an institution that manages many domains and wants some settings to be used by all of the domains. However, in some cases, an inherited setting is not desired.
To remove inherited settings, simply navigate to the subdomain and change the setting in question. This impacts that subdomain and any domains downline from it.
The following settings are not inherited by subdomains:
- Authentication (managed from Settings in the Domain toolbar)
- Domain-wide passwords (managed from the Domain toolbar)
- Google Drive (managed from Settings in the Domain toolbar)
- LTI Credentials (managed from Settings in the Domain tool bar)
- Peer Help configurations (managed from Settings in the Domain toolbar)