The Performance tool enables you to track student progress in many specific areas
View progress overviews for all courses on one screen
To view a student's progress, open the Performance tool from the Main Menu.
If the student is enrolled in multiple courses and you have all courses selected in the Course Chooser, Buzz shows you an overview of their progress in all courses and past courses, including:
- The Self Assessment heart indicator for each course.
- The overall score.
- The overall progress on completing gradable activities.
- The overall progress on completing all activities.
The toolbar on this screen allows you to:
- Modify what is displayed in the table using Options; click the column headers to sort the data by that category.
- Print this summary.
View progress details for each course
To view detailed progress in a course, open the Performance tool from the Main Menu and click the course or select it from the Course Chooser. Here, you find:
- The Grades view, which shows a student’s overall percentage; how many quizzes are left to complete; and the due date, submission date, status, and the student’s individual score on every graded activity. If the course has periods and/or categories, you can choose to view the information organized by Periods and Categories or Syllabus Order. From this view, you can also print a student's grades.
- The For Me view, which displays any activities a student has created or chosen or that a teacher has created specifically for a student.
- The What If view, which helps you calculate possible grade outcomes for a student.
- The Activity view, which tracks each activity a student has worked in, when they started working on it, and how long they’ve spent in it.
- The Objective Mastery view, which displays each activity, the learning objectives they are aligned with, and how well a student seems to be mastering those objectives.
- Note: This tab does not appear if the course author has not defined objectives for the course. Contact the student's teacher if you should have access to this tab, but it doesn't appear.
- The Analytics view, which breaks down the overall performance of the class as a whole.
- The Badges view, which displays any awards a student has earned.
Being able to track progress in so many areas really helps students take control of their own learning.
- You can quickly review overall course scores using the Course Cards on the Home page.
- Because teachers and students have access to this same data, you can use this information as a starting point for conversations with them about grades.
- Students can upload badges awarded after 12/3/15 to external badge managers; direct them to How do I download my badges?