The Performance tool enables you to track your progress in many specific areas.
View progress overviews for all courses on one screen
To view a student's progress, open the Grades tool from the top section of the Main Menu.
If the student is enrolled in multiple courses, Buzz shows you an overview of their progress in all of their courses and past courses, including:
- Their Self Assessment heart indicator for each course; click them to make changes.
- Their overall score.
- Their overall progress on completing gradable activities.
- Their overall progress on completing all activities.
The toolbar on this screen allows you to:
- Print this summary.
- Modify what is displayed in the table using Options; click the column headers to sort the data by that category. The column options include:
- The course Picture
- Enrollment Start Date
- Enrollment End Date
- Days Left in the course
- Self Assessment
- Progress on gradable activities
- Progress on all activities
View progress details for each course
To view detailed progress in a course, select the course from the Main Menu and click Grades. Here, you find:
- The Grades view displays detailed progress information. If the course uses periods and/or categories, you can choose to view the information organized by Periods and Categories or Syllabus Order. From this view, you can also print student grades. The detailed progress information includes:
- The course's teacher(s) (if set up to show it).
- How many days are left in the course (and an alert when it's almost over if set up for it).
- A student's overall percentage.
- A student's percentage of completed gradable activities, overall activities, and quizzes.
- The due date, submission date, status, and a student's individual score on every graded activity.
- The Dashboard view shows the student info card.
- The For Me view, which displays any activities the student has created or chosen for themself as well as activities the teacher has created specifically for them.
- The What If view, which helps you calculate possible grade outcomes (not available in Multi-Outcome Scoring courses).
- The Activity view, which displays each activity the student has worked in, when they started working on it, and how long they’ve spent in it.
- The Objective Mastery view, which displays each learning objective, each aligned activity, and how well the student seems to be mastering those objectives.
- Note: This tab does not appear if the course author has not defined objectives for the course. Contact the course's teacher if you should have access to this tab, but it doesn't appear.
- The Analytics view, which breaks down the overall performance of the class as a whole (not available in Multi-Outcome Scoring courses).
- The Badges view, which displays any awards a student has earned.
- The Settings view (available only for continuous enrollment courses), which lets you change the course's end date that Buzz uses to schedule activity due dates.
- The Stream view shows activity in the course.
- The To-do List shows upcoming deadlines.
To print a student's grades:
- Open Grades for the course.
- Click Print in the toolbar.
- Select the Scale for your printout.
- Note: The Scale function does not work in the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Indicate whether you want to exclude certain columns from the printout with the Hide columns dropdown. You can hide the Location, Status, Submitted date, and/or Due date columns.
- Click Print.
Being able to track progress in so many areas really helps students take control of their own learning.
- You can quickly review overall course scores using the Course Cards on the Home page.
- Because teachers and students have access to this same data, you can use this information as a starting point for conversations with them about grades.
- Students can upload badges awarded after 12/3/15 to external badge managers; direct them to How do I download my badges?