The projected release dates for these changes range from June 22-July 13. You will see more detailed information about all of these updates as we get closer to their release.
June 22 updates: Notifications and Data stream
Changes to Buzz notifications support
We will be making a few changes the types of Notifications supported in Buzz:
- Discontinued text notifications: Buzz allows users to set up and receive notifications for various events that take place in the app. Currently, all notifications can be received as email and some can be received as text messages as well. Due to restrictions from mobile carriers, we will discontinue support for text notifications throughout Buzz. Support for email notifications will continue uninterrupted.
New and expanded notifications events supported: We will also be expanding the events that can trigger notifications to include:
- Notifications for students when other users comment on their Blog and Journal activities.
- Notifications for teachers when users comment on Discussion, Blog, and Journal activities.
Wide release for Data streams
Toward the end of 2022, we introduced a beta version of Buzz Data streams to help users collect, analyze, process, and leverage data for:
- Streamlined processes.
- Complete statistical research and compliance reporting.
- Improved student experience and teacher effectiveness.
We will finish our beta testing of this feature by June 22, and release it for all users.
June 29 updates: Improved student submission experience and Domain setting change
Improved student submission experience
We will be introducing an improved student experience in activities that ask them to submit attachments.
Teachers will be able to:
- Better specify the types of attachments they want students to submit.
- Request a broader range of attachments, including audio and video recordings, drawings, and annotated templates.
- Easily review submissions.
Students will be given a more streamlined and guided submission experience.
Deprecating "Hide audio and video uploading controls" setting
We will be removing the Domain settings option to Hide audio and video uploading controls.
July 13 update: Buzz style enhancements
Buzz style updates
We will be updating and enhancing styles throughout Buzz. These changes will improve the look-and-feel without disrupting workflows or functionality.