Buzz: Product Feedback
Currently, when students submit links in a comment box, it can be made live, but there is no option to have it open in a new window. See the comment below from Becky Magee and the directions that she (and many others) used to give in BrainHoney.
Personally, I would love to see the Buzz links to work more like links in Google docs where they default to opening in a new window and there is a place for the text and a place for the link (see the attached picture for clarification:
Becky Magee writes:
There is no rush on this but I was just wondering how students link a google doc in Buzz and get it to open in a separate window. In BrainHoney I had them follow these instructions:
- In the upper right corner of your Google Doc, click on the blue Share button.
- Where it says Private, click on the Change link to the right.
- On the next screen, choose "Allow anyone with link"and click Save.
- Copy the URL provided and click Done.
- Return to this page in Buzz.
- Paste the link that you copied. (Remember that Ctrl-V is a keyboard shortcut for pasting.)
- After pasting the link, highlight it (just as you would select text in a word document) and click on the chain link icon in the formatting options above.
- Paste the url in the Link URL box. Change the Target box to Open in New Window (_blank). Then click on Insert (or Update if editing an existing link).
- Click on Submit.
[jmw: P.S. We do have the Google doc integration enabled, but not everyone knows how to use it properly and for other programs, this is the process that students need to use to share their links.]