A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.305 available on September 15, 2022.
Note: Release note articles reflect the state of the product on the date they are originally published. Always note the date in the title when reviewing content and follow the links in the notes to articles that are kept current.
Coming soon to Buzz!
We announce significant upcoming features and changes in a standalone Coming soon article that appears at the top of the What's new section.
Grade passback beta released
Buzz's new Grade passback feature has finished beta testing with select participants, and we are now releasing it for everyone!
This feature allows you to sync grades with your SIS, saving teachers time and keeping grades current for students.
- Admins: How do I set up Grade passback for my SIS sync (with OneRoster)?
- Teachers: How do I sync grades to my SIS (with OneRoster)?
Mange Feedback templates in the Needs grading screen
Simply click the Feedback templates icon in the toolbar.
Teachers can now more easily allow retries in batch updates
Teachers can now select Allow retry as part of the Auto-fill scores option in Batch update scores. This saves time when updating scores for multiple students at once!
In this release, we also:
In this release, we also:
- Fixed an issue in Domain settings where making a change in a subdomain would sometimes also save the parent domain
menuentrysettings, even though the subdomain had not edited the
- Updated the hide/show button’s hover tooltip in the Change password dialog to correctly indicate what happens when you click the hide/show button.
- Improved the Badge editor by disabling the Done button until the entry form is error-free
- Fixed an issue in Domain settings where clicking on badges or landing-content entries defined by an parent domain did nothing; it now reports a message indicating why the field is not editable.
- Resolved an issue with correctly scrolling the current activity into view in Editor > Group settings.
- Resolve an issue with viewing folder activities in Editor > Group settings when filtered by a Grading period that was not the current Grading period.
- Fixed a typo in the Minimum-allowed password strength validation error message.
- Updated the Activities > Objectives descriptions to display full description of the objective on the card, instead of using truncated versions and hover tooltips
Updates in version 2022.9.15.841.
Additions, Removal, or Changes:
New and updated articles
- How do I sync grades to my SIS (with OneRoster)? (new)
- How do I Batch update scores in the Activity grader? (new)
- How do I set up Matching questions? (updated)
- How do I use the Needs grading tool? (updated)
- How do I create and use feedback templates with replacement variables? (updated)
- How do I use the Performance/Gradebook tool? (updated)
- How do I use the Activity Grader? (updated)
- How do I use the Grade Editor? (updated)