Note: This is a beta feature; we welcome your feedback as you test it out. If you encounter complications, please contact your SIS administrator and/or Agilix account manager to verify correct implementation and usage.
Buzz allows you to set up Grade passback to your SIS using OneRoster, which can save your teachers time and keep grades current for students.
This article covers how to:
1. Configure your OneRoster SIS sync
In ordert to use Grade passback in Buzz you must first create your course, students, and enrollments in OneRoster, and use it to configure your SIS Sync in Buzz: How do I sync with Student Information Systems (SIS) in Buzz?
2. Configure your Grade passback settings
- In the Admin app, open the More menu.
- Select SIS sync.
- Select Edit settings.
- On the Grade passback card, click the Allow grades to be sent to the SIS box. This enables teachers to manually select and send grades to the SIS.
- Check the Send new grades automatically box if you want each activity grade to be synced as soon as it receives a new score.
- This is best for Continuous enrollment courses where students are meant to complete activities at their own pace rather than according to a set schedule.
- Provide the following values:
- SIS name (enter the name of the SIS)
- API Base URL (acquire from your SIS)
- API Token URL (optional, acquire from your SIS)
- API Key (acquire from your SIS)
- API Secret (acquire from your SIS)
3. How teachers configure and sync grades
Once you have configured your domain for Grade passback, your teachers automatically see two buttons appear in their Gradebook > Tools menu:
- Sync grades settings
- Sync grades to SIS
Help your teachers use this tool: How do I sync grades to my SIS (with OneRoster)?