A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.304 available on September 8, 2022.
Note: Release note articles reflect the state of the product on the date they are originally published. Always note the date in the title when reviewing content and follow the links in the notes to articles that are kept current.
Coming soon to Buzz!
We announce significant upcoming features and changes in a standalone Coming soon article that appears at the top of the What's new section.
New Categorization assessment question option!
You can now design Matching questions that ask students to match words and/or images with a category they fit in!
They can be set up to ask students to drag answer choices into category drop boxes.
You can orient the drag and drop questions however you want. In this example, they're oriented vertically to show the zones of the ocean from most shallow to deepest.
You can also set them up to ask students to check the box for the category that aligns with each answer choice.
Grade passback beta updates
In this release, we made the following updates to the Grade passback beta:
- Added the ability to map Grading categories for Grade passback in a base course created by OneRoster sync.
- Updated the Send new grades feature to automatically send grades for a class that has not mapped its Grading periods when there is only one SIS period to map to. For this to begin working, you may need to re-import your OneRoster ZIP package.
Note: If you're interested in our grade passback beta using Buzz's SIS Sync (via OneRoster), System administrators can sign up to take part in it.
In this release, we:
- Added a Beta icon that appears next to features and feature settings that are currently in beta.
In this release, we also:
- Fixed an issue in Domain settings > LTI 1.3 card and Course settings > External tools (LTI 1.3) card where the Enabled [eye] icon was not aligning with the tool name.
- Fixed an issue where the Assessment > Matching question editor would display an incorrect Missing placeholder error message for distractors.
- Fixed an issue when creating a match pair in the Assessment > Matching inline question editor; editable text representing the target would be created when no text is needed for the target.
- [Firefox specific] Resolved a style issue where folder icons could be clipped when listing questions available for linking in the question editor.
- Enhanced Course settings >Apply template course to apply the School year from a template course.
- Fixed an issue in the Grade Editor where editing the Due date for a student whose enrollment started after the original due date would cause an error in the due-date editor.
- Fixed a display issue where an error message was getting clipped in the Admin > Student reports screen
Updates in version 2022.9.8.822.
Additions, Removal, or Changes:
Interaction flags: A new flag,
Categorization, was added to organize matching choices by categories.
Question schema: Several new attributes for drag-and-drop matching questions. These include:
New and updated articles
- How do I create a Matching categorization question? (new)
- How do I set up Matching questions? (updated)