A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.302 available on August 25, 2022.
Note: Release note articles reflect the state of the product on the date they are originally published. Always note the date in the title when reviewing content and follow the links in the notes to articles that are kept current.
Coming soon to Buzz!
We announce significant upcoming features and changes in a standalone Coming soon article that appears at the top of the What's new section.
Updated reset password process, UIs, and policy options
As announced in coming soon for this week, we have made various updates to Buzz's domain password look-and-feel, processes, and policy options. These updates are intended to improve security, improve the user experience, and better support customers using custom URLs.
Change password screen updates
Updates to the Change password screen include:
- Allowing users to reveal their New password when they create it.
- Providing a Password strength assessment and warnings if the user enters a password that has been compromised.
- Providing Tips to create a strong password.
Reset password messaging
Updates to the Reset password messaging include:
- Improved look-and-feel, including a new Reset your password button.
- Dynamically generated reset URL that includes Custom URLs where they're used.
Improved Domain Password policy options and management
Updates to the Domain Password policy include:
- Adding a new Authentication-password policy card where all policies can be managed.
- Adding a Days to wait before locking out stale accounts option.
- Adding Volatile password-strength settings which are intended to help users better secure their accounts by specifying:
- The Minimum-allowed password strength (entropy). This is a numeric measure of how easily a password can be discovered in an attack; the greater the entropy number, the stronger the password. A strength of 64 or higher is recommended. Click Help me choose to learn more.
- Any Domain-specific words that weaken password strength. Here you can enter terms that users might be tempted to use, but would weaken the password (e.g., the name of the platform or the name of their school).
- If you want to Reject known-breached passwords. Clicking this engages a secure check of the chosen password against a database of passwords that are known to have been compromised.
- Adding Password-policy enforcement actions. These are the actions you want Buzz to take when users have passwords that don't conform to your policy. These options include combinations of warnings or blocks that you want implemented:
- When a user changes their password without conforming to the policy.
- When a user logs in with a password that doesn't conform to the policy.
Learn more: How do I set up my domain password policy?
Updated Digital Library UI
We've improved the Digital Library user interface!
Expand and collapse the library search fields with one click.
Add content to your cart with one click.
In this release, we:
In this release, we also:
- Fixed an issue with the A student's grade drops below passing notification that prevented it from sending in some situations.
- Fixed an issue where administrators attempting to change their own password were not prompted for their existing password.
- Resolved a style issue with the Main menu > Course back arrow display when the course had a long name.
- Resolved a background style issue in the Course manager screen for a base course.
- Resolved a style issue with the position of the High contrast icon on the Choose theme screen.
- Updated theme settings to always use a Light color scheme when a user chooses the High contrast theme.
- Resolved a style issue where the Order icon next to the courses on the Order courses screen could be clipped by courses with long names.
Updates in version 2022.8.25.751.
Additions, Removal, or Changes:
- We have removed the following APIs. Each of the APIs had previously been flagged as obsolete and have preferred alternate APIs:
New and updated articles
General: How do I use Buzz's rich text editor? (updated)
- How do I manage and submit final grades? (updated)
- How do I add content from the Digital Library? (updated)
- How do I create activities with Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI 1.1 and 1.3)? (updated)
- How do I manage Domain Settings? (updated)
- Publish Anywhere: How to use deep linking (updated)
- How do I enable Single Sign-On (SSO) in Buzz? (updated)
- How do I set up my domain password policy? (updated)
- How to I map licensed content to my OneRoster course? (new)
- How do I sync with Student Information Systems (SIS) in Buzz? (updated)