A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.301 available on August 18, 2022.
Note: Release note articles reflect the state of the product on the date they are originally published. Always note the date in the title when reviewing content and follow the links in the notes to articles that are kept current.
Coming soon to Buzz!
We announce significant upcoming features and changes in a standalone Coming soon article that appears at the top of the What's new section.
Updated reset password process
On August 25, you will see slight changes to reset password emails, the URL used to reset passwords, and the reset password screen.
We're working to improve your SIS sync experience
Grade passback beta ready for participants!
Our grade passback using Buzz's SIS Sync (via OneRoster) is ready for beta!
Thanks to all those who signed up for our Grade passback beta! If you're interested, but haven't signed up, there's still time: System administrators can sign up to get ongoing updates about this feature and to have a chance to take part in our beta program.
Grade passback participants must configure SIS Sync
Remember that, in order to participate, you must use the Buzz SIS Sync (via OneRoster). If you have signed up to participate, but haven't configured your SIS Sync, that is the first step.
Help us strengthen our SIS sync support!
In this release, we:
- Updated the Admins > Users > [Selected user] Performance > Past courses screen to show Start and End dates for the past courses listed.
- Added the ability to enable Student blackout dates for individual users when that feature is disabled for a domain.
- Updated the browser icon and title for Publish Anywhere content opened in new tab to dynamically reflect the content.
- Added a Hostname field to the Publish Anywhere platform card in Domain settings and updated the other URL fields on that card to include the userspace in the URL hostname.
In this release, we also:
- [Firefox specific] Resolved an issue where users couldn't download files from SIS sync > Status history in Firefox.
- Improved icon styles in the Clipboard > Activities editor.
- Resolved an issue where applying a Grading period to a course from Course templates wouldn't automatically align the Grading period with the School year in Course settings.
- Resolved an issue where the Course score could disappear after selecting to show it in the Grouping screen's Display options.
- Fixed an issue where some symbols in the leftmost column of the Student > Grades screen were getting clipped.
- Improved the Dark color scheme's text style in the Grade editor > Activity due date dialog.
- Fixed an error where the Batch update scores dialog in Multi-outcome scoring and Standards-based grading courses did not display Points possible for each objective, nor did it assign the score the grader entered.
Updates in version 2022.8.18.725.
Additions, Removal, or Changes:
ResetPasswordReset Password Email Customization: Updated the API and documentation for resetting a password. In summary, the resource to customize the reset password email has changed while the functionality has remained nearly the same.
New and updated articles
- Publish Anywhere publisher steps: How to export courses (updated)
- Publish Anywhere: How to use deep linking (beta testing) (updated)
- How do I enable/disable Features in my domain? (updated)
- SIS Sync FAQs (updated)