A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in versions v3.0.299 available on July 28, 2022.
Grade passback beta updates: New auto-sync option
Coming soon to Buzz!
We announce significant upcoming features and changes in a standalone Coming soon article that appears at the top of the What's new section.
We're working to improve your SIS sync experience
Grade passback beta ready for participants!
Our grade passback using Buzz's SIS Sync (via OneRoster) is ready for beta!
Thanks to all those who signed up for our Grade passback beta! If you're interested, but haven't signed up, there's still time: System administrators can sign up to get ongoing updates about this feature and to have a chance to take part in our beta program.
Grade passback participants must configure SIS Sync
Remember that, in order to participate, you must use the Buzz SIS Sync (via OneRoster). If you have signed up to participate, but haven't configured your SIS Sync, that is the first step.
Grade passback beta updates
In this release, we:
- Fixed an issue where the score status may not be reported correctly to the SIS.
- Added a Send new grades automatically option which, when enabled, sends grades for each synced activity as soon as it is completed and graded.
- As part of this change, we updated the language of the Allow teachers to send grades back to the SIS checkbox to read Allow grades to be sent to the SIS.
- This option only appears if the Allow grades to be sent to the SIS option is enabled.
- This is best for continuous enrollment courses where students are meant to complete activities at their own pace rather than according to a set schedule.
Help us strengthen our SIS sync support!
In this release, we:
- Updated the way LTI 1.3 tools are handled, so that if the same Hostname is given for a tool at the course level and domain level, the course tool is always given priority.
- Updated "IMS" references to reflect the rebranding to "1EdTech" throughout the app and documentation.
In this release, we also:
- Resolved a style issue in Multiple choice > Graphic hotspot questions where the rectangle shape was cut off in the Shape selector.
- Resolved a layout style issue with previewing Supplemental activities from the teacher Clipboard.
- Resolved a style issue in the Editor > Scheduling screen where the icons for activities with due dates would appear slightly off on small screens.
- Resolved a dark color scheme issue with printing assessment Question analytics.
- Resolved an issue in the Admins > Users > [chosen student] > Performance > Past courses > Show printer friendly version function where admins couldn't print the performance data for Past courses if the student had no current enrollments.
Updates in version 2022.7.28.622.
Additions, Removal, or Changes:
New and updated articles
- How do I create a Turnitin activity (LTI 1.1)? (updated)
- How do I create activities with Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI 1.1 and 1.3)? (updated)
- How do I manage Course Settings? (updated)
- How do I use the Editor tool? (updated)
- How do I import Common Cartridge (1EdTech (formerly IMS) and SCORM) content? (updated)
- How do I integrate Buzz with Google Assignments (LTI)? (updated)
- How do I migrate from LTI 1.1 to LTI 1.3? (updated)
- How do I integrate my domain with LTI 1.1 and 1.3 tools (like Turnitin and Google Assignments) with Buzz? (updated)
- How do I sync with Student Information Systems (SIS) in Buzz? (updated)
- How do I manage Domain Settings? (updated)