A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.294 available on June 30, 2022.
Coming soon to Buzz!
We announce significant upcoming features and changes in a standalone Coming soon article that appears at the top of the What's new section.
Updates in this week's coming soon article include:
- Feature switch update: Dark color scheme: On July 14, the admin switch for this feature will change from disabled to enabled.
- Feature switch update: Student due date scheduler: On July 14, the admin switch for this feature will change from disabled to enabled.
We're working to improve your SIS sync experience
Grade passback beta ready for participants!
Our grade passback using Buzz's SIS Sync (via OneRoster) is ready for beta!
Thanks to all those who signed up for our Grade passback beta! If you're interested, but haven't signed up, there's still time: System administrators can sign up to get ongoing updates about this feature and to have a chance to take part in our beta program.
Grade passback participants must configure SIS Sync
Remember that, in order to participate, you must use the Buzz SIS Sync (via OneRoster). If you have signed up to participate, but haven't configured your SIS Sync, that is the first step.
Grade passback beta updates
In this release, we made the following updates to the Grade passback beta:
- Updated Grade passback Sync grade settings to allow Grading periods mapping, even if periods are disabled in Course settings or if it's a Continuous enrollment course (which doesn't use Grading periods).
- Updated Grade passback Synce grade settings to filter the Grading periods listed to include only those that align to the current OneRoster class.
Help us strengthen our SIS sync support!
In this release, we:
- Improved background colors on various screens when using a Dark color scheme.
- Fixed some issues in the activity Changes screen where trying to re-sync
objectivesdid not remove the
objectivesproperty from the Changes screen, and trying to re-sync the
masteryrestrictionobjectivesproperty did not re-sync the property.
- Updated Multiple choice questions with dropdown answer choices to display choice-specific feedback for incorrect answers.
- Resolved an issue where a custom menu Order value could not be saved as 0 in Domain settings.
- Improved toolbar styling to handle display of students with long names.
- Improved separation of course rows for printed student grades.
Updates in version 2022.6.30.531.
Additions, Removal, or Changes:
PutResource: Updated the documentation for the
drophistoryattribute to indicate that resources require a history to work in derivative courses.
New and updated articles
Admins: How do I manage Domain Settings?