A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.293 available on June 24, 2022.
Coming soon to Buzz!
We announce significant upcoming features and changes in a standalone Coming soon article that appears at the top of the What's new section.
Updates in this week's coming soon article include:
- Feature switch update: Dark color scheme: On July 14, the admin switch for this feature will change from disabled to enabled.
- Feature switch update: Student due date scheduler: On July 14, the admin switch for this feature will change from disabled to enabled.
We're working to improve your SIS sync experience
Grade passback beta ready for participants!
Our grade passback using Buzz's SIS Sync (via OneRoster) is ready for beta!
Thanks to all those who signed up for our Grade passback beta! If you're interested, but haven't signed up, there's still time: System administrators can sign up to get ongoing updates about this feature and to have a chance to take part in our beta program.
Grade passback participants must configure SIS Sync
Remember that, in order to participate, you must use the Buzz SIS Sync (via OneRoster). If you have signed up to participate, but haven't configured your SIS Sync, that is the first step.
Help us strengthen our SIS sync support!
Updated student Past grades screen
We have moved updated the way students can access grades for past courses.
Previously, students could click the Past courses on their overall Grades screen to expand the page. We have now given them a Past courses tab in that screen to improve discoverability and usability. Students can filter the columns and print their past courses summaries from this screen.
Learn more: View progress for past courses
In this release, we:
- Fixed an issue where the Grading category would display as empty in the Clipboard after assigning one task and continuing to assign a second.
- At times a message saying You must first select a course before you can insert media would appear when the message should have read Recording and uploading media is not allowed here.
- Fixed a Dark scheme color issue in the Activity history screen.
- Fixed an issue where the User settings card was not displaying in the SIS sync's settings screen.
- Fixed an issue where an admin could not access a student's Past courses in the Performance tool if the student had no active courses.
Updates in version 2022.6.22.516.
Additions, Removal, or Changes:
- We have removed the following APIs. Each of these APIs had previously been flagged as obsolete and now have preferred alternate APIs.
New and updated articles
Students: How do I view my progress?