A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.270 available on February 17, 2022.
Coming soon to Buzz!
We announce significant upcoming features and changes in a standalone Coming soon article that appears at the top of the What's new section.
Standards-based grading updates
Admins can now use the Users > Details > Settings to enable Standards-based grading for individual users in their domain when they don't want to enable it domain-wide (to do so it must be disabled for the domain).
- Improved the weight value validation in the activity editor Standards alignment card to better enforce the < 10000 rule.
- Upgraded the Gradebook to hide Final grades in standards-based grading courses when the Final grades feature is disabled for the domain.
In this release, we:
- Added a missing validation for the Start and End dates in the Editor > Syllabus > Add a project form.
- Updated the Teacher Dashboard screen to more accurately display data from Standards-based grading courses, which should not contribute to score-based Performance and Pace indicators.
- Added Cellcom to the list of available mobile-number Carriers in the user Settings screen.
- Improved fields where you can choose an image to show image thumbnails of existing images in the auto-complete list.
- Added a missing validation error message to the Number of required choice activities field in the Activity editor.
- Added missing validations to the Assessment Pool Settings/Pool by question groups card.
- Added a missing length validator to the ID field in the New objective screen and to the Name field in the Scoring Objective dialog box.
- Resolved an issue with rendering bold italic text in Chrome browser on macOS.
- Fixed a styling issue in the Course Settings > Grading categories card where categories with very long names overlap the up and down arrows in the Order tool.
- Fixed an issue where Find activity in the Editor > Syllabus screen would not find activities marked as hidden from students.
- Fixed an issue in the course-resource picker where typing in the full name of a resource would display all available course resources in the auto-complete list rather than just the one you typed.
- Fixed an issue in the Group Settings editor where changing an activity's visibility settings for one group appeared to affect the setting in other groups.
- Fixed a tooltip styling issue on the student's Score details screen.
Updates in version 2022.2.17.207.
Additions, Removal, or Changes:
New and updated articles
Teachers: How do I manage notifications?
Students: How do I manage notifications?
Parents/observers: How do I manage notifications?
- How do I enable and configure Standards-based Grading in my domain?
- How do I enable/disable Features in my domain?