Buzz Release Notes (2022-02-03; v3.0.268) - Updated default content font
A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.268 available on February 3, 2022.
Coming soon to Buzz!
We announce significant upcoming features and changes in a standalone Coming soon article that appears at the top of the What's new section.
Updated default content font
We changed the default font used for user-created content from Verdana to Roboto.
Reason for this change: Roboto is already used for all other default fonts in Buzz, so this increases consistency. Certain special characters (pi, for example) are better represented in Roboto. This change impacts user-created content where the font was not changed from the default font. Users can still change their fonts with the rich text editor.
In this release, we also removed the disabled Course links (use Course settings) entry from the Editor > Tools menu. They have been managed in Course settings for over a year.
- Fixed an issue in QuickNav where the Editor > Scheduling choice would still appear when the domain administrator had disabled the Scheduling feature.
- Updated teacher Preview modes to provide the following error message when attempting to record or upload audio/video content: Unable to process media.
- Fixed an issue in the Activity editor where converting an existing SCO to a rich-text, Assignment/Dropbox activity would not display the dropbox in the Activity Player.
- Fixed an issue in the rich-text editor where dis-allowing access to your camera would sometimes show an empty error-message.
- Fixed an issue where the message reading You changed users in another tab would sometimes not appear when a user had Buzz open in multiple tabs and changed users in one of them.
- Fixed an issue where a teacher could lose their saved nicknames if their network glitched at the moment they were attempting to retrieve their existing nicknames.
Updates in version 2022.2.2.141.
Additions, Removal, or Changes:
New and updated articles
Teachers: How do I manage Course Settings? (updated)