A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.267 available on January 27, 2022.
Coming soon to Buzz!
We announce significant upcoming features and changes in a standalone Coming soon article that appears at the top of the What's new section.
New audio and video essay submissions
The file is inserted into the rich text editor field, so students can add content to it.
When teachers grade the assessment, the audio or video file appears in the Content tab of the Grade editor.
Students: How do I create audio/video submissions?
In this release, we also:
- Improved the accessibility for screen-readers on the QuickNav.
- Updated the language used in the Activity stream to remove mention of the System administrator.
- Updated the language used in the Password confirmation dialog for clarity.
- Fixed an issue in Domain Settings where switching the Authentication type from Buzz to Domain, and then back to Buzz caused the Save button to remain disabled.
- Removed the deprecated Calendar choice from the QuickNav's choices for a course.
- Fixed an issue in QuickNav where choosing Communication for a course would show announcements for all courses instead of just the selected course.
- Fixed an issue where the SpeechStream toolbar button did not appear when previewing an activity from the Editor.
- Fixed a style issue in the Add resource dialog box in the Editor > Syllabus.
Updates in version 2022.1.25.127.
Additions, Removal, or Changes:
Enrollment metrics: Fixed an issue where the
failingattribute would return
falsewhen there were no graded activities, but there were activities with a
GetGradeHistory: Fixed an issue where a user ID of 0 could sometimes be recorded as the grader of an item.
New and updated articles
- How do I create a Dropbox activity in Buzz? (new)
- How do I set up and review audio/video submissions? (updated)
- How do I create a Google Document Dropbox Template? (updated)
- Assignment activity editor (updated)
- How do I set up Essay questions? (updated)
- How do I set up Fill in the Blank questions? (updated)
- How do I set up Matching questions? (updated)
- How do I set up Multiple Answer questions? (updated)
- How do I set up Multiple Choice questions? (updated)
- How do I set up Ordering questions? (updated)