You can format Multiple answer questions as graphic hot spot interactions where you give students an image with clickable hot spots that they can select to answer a question.
To set up a Graphic hot spot question
Multiple answer questions can be added to assessments and practice questions activities.
Once you've added the Multiple answer question:
- Scroll down to the Interactions card and check the Graphic box.
- Note the accessibility message: Graphic questions are not accessible for users who require keyboard-only access or screen readers.
- Scroll back to the top, and specify how many Points the question is worth.
- Enter the question as you want it displayed to students.
- Click Select image to upload the image you want used as the background for the question. Your answer hot spots will be placed on this image.
- Click Add hot spot to create hot spots for the two default answers that Buzz automatically generates. Click Add answer and then Add hot spot to create additional hot spots.
- A hot spot is automatically placed on the image for every one you add. Drag the hot spot to the desired positions and resize them by dragging the bottom right corner. This example has four hot spots.
- You can define the border style, width, and color of the hot spots. On the left, define the styles for unselected spots; on the right, define the selected spot styles.
- All of the hot spots are listed below the image. Click the hot spot to select the corresponding information, below.
- You can name the hot spots, so you can see what students chose in assessment analytics (students don't see the names provided when completing the assessment).
- Check the boxes on the left next to the correct answers (the boxes you want students to select).
- Review and edit the size and position of each hot spot. Notice that they are listed as percentages of the background image (a hot spot that covers the entire image would have a size of 100%x100%).
- Choose between a square and elliptical shaped hot spot.
- Click the frame icon next to a hot spot to match all of the other hot spot sizes to the one you clicked. This won't change the shapes you assigned.
- If you add an answer without adding a hot spot, nothing appears in the activity.
- Complete the rest of the question cards as you want.