Dawn now supports LTI 1.3 as a new beta feature.
This has been developed, specifically, to support all Buzz activities that are available through our learning delivery tool, Publish Anywhere.
Use the following article to integrate with Buzz: How do I deliver Buzz content in Dawn (LTI 1.3)?
Integrating with LTI 1.3 tools allows you to expand Dawn's already powerful set of interactions and instructional content options.
There are four simple steps:
1. Acquire LTI Tool URLs
Accessing the necessary URLs from the LTI tool differs from tool to tool, so you'll have to explore the tool and its help documentation. You need to acquire the following URLS:
- OpenID connect login URL
- Tool key set URL
- Tool redirect URL
2. Register LTI tool with Dawn
Once you've acquired the LTI tool URLs, use them to configure Dawn for the tool:
- Open Administration tools > Site management > Integrations, and click the Add LTI tools button on the LTI tools card.
- A Description of the tool.
- The OpenID connect login URL from the LTI tool.
- The Tool key set URL from the LTI tool.
- The Tool redirect URL from the LTI tool.
- Click Add LTI tool.
- Dawn automatically generates the Platform settings you need to register it with the LTI tool. Use the Copy icon to copy all of the values provided; save them so you can provide them to the LTI tool.
3. Register Dawn with the LTI tool
Using the values you copied in Step 4, above, register Dawn with the LTI tool. This process varies from tool to tool, so you'll have to explore the tool and its help documentation.
4. Insert IMS Common cartridge into Dawn course
The LTI tool provider will give you an IMS Common cartridge zip file.
To insert the cartridge into your Dawn course:
- Open the Administration tools > Catalog screen.
- Click the Edit [pencil] icon next to the desired course.
- In the Section you want the content to be inserted, click Import and select IMS Common cartridge.
- Choose the desired LTI tool, click Upload file, and upload the zip file.
- The LTI tool content now shows inside your Dawn course for learners (and when you preview using the View as learner tool).