A round-up of all improvements and changes to Dawn in version v2021.0721.174400 available on July 22, 2021.
Improved Catalog experience!
We have made various usability improvements to the Catalog, making it faster to access and easier to filter and search!
Browse and search from anywhere!
At any time that a learner is not actively completing a catalog entry, the Catalog search bar is present in their toolbar. The Catalog lists all the courses and other catalog entry types that learners can purchase from the site.
- On smaller screens, the toolbar is collapsed, and learners can click on the search icon to open it.
- If the site has Categories set up, learners can use the Category filter to limit results to a single Category.
- Learners can enter keywords in the Search catalog field to see catalog entries about specific subjects.
- Clicking the arrow returns search results. If the learner hasn't specified a Category or entered a search term, clicking the arrow shows the entire Catalog.
- In the Catalog, learners can browse the available catalog entries and catalog categories.
- Learners can review the specific types of activities, cost, and expected length of each entry.
- Clicking on a catalog entry takes learners to its preview screen.
On a catalog entry's preview screen, learners can watch the introductory video, review content and prerequisites, and purchase and enroll (where available)!
In this release, we also:
- Gave authors the ability to update a ZIP file associated with an xAPI instruction.
- Note: We also added a warning informing authors that the system may become unstable for active learners if the new package is not equipped to handle existing progress data. If they're unsure, or the new package is not backwards compatible, authors should delete and re-create the instruction.
- Improved billing processes and functionality.
- Fixed an issue where learners could access content that had been unpublished and or deleted by the author if they had bookmarked it before the author unpublished it.