You Catalog in Dawn is basically your marketplace of content. It's where learners can go to browse and purchase courses and other catalog entries. You want to make sure you have it set up just the way you want it, and Dawn has various options to help you do that.
You can control:
- The overall look of your Catalog screen.
- The way each individual catalog entry appears on their Catalog details screen.
- Which Catalog entries are Featured first in the Catalog and in searches.
Main Catalog screen
Provide a Catalog background image
Dawn's branding tools allow you to select a Catalog background image to make your site yours.
Create Catalog categories
Administrators can create Catalog categories and sub-categories to help organize and present category entries with other entries of their kind. To create a Catalog category:
- Open the Administration tools > Site management > Catalog categories screen and click Add category.
- Provide the category Title, ID (Dawn automatically provides one based on the Title), Description, and Image.
- Save category.
- Once a top-level Catalog category is created, you can click the Action menu next to it to move it up and down (controlling the order it appears on the Catalog), or create a Sub-category.
When Catalog categories are created for a site, administrators and other authors can place catalog entries in them to control where they appear in the Catalog.
Catalog details screens for each catalog entry
When you click on a catalog entry from the Catalog screen, you see their Catalog details screen. This section covers how to:
Manage details with the Catalog card
To set up the Catalog details of an individual catalog entry, like pricing, branding, whether you want to allow self-enrollment, entry description, author and coach bios, etc, use the Catalog card in the authoring tools.
Publish and unpublish your catalog entry
The most basic control you should learn is how the Published switch works. This is found in the toolbar of your authoring tools. Toggle the Published switch to publish and unpublish your catalog entry; published entries are visible for enrollment in your Catalog, and unpublished entries aren't. There are also Published switches attached to specific Instructions and Interactions, so you can publish an entire entry, but keep specific components hidden.
Disable self-enrollment to preview a catalog entry
At times, you may want a catalog entry to appear in your Catalog before it is ready for learners. If you want to do that, simply uncheck the Enable self-enrollment box in the Catalog card; the details you provided on the Catalog card are visible, but learners can't enroll.
You can always change this when you are ready for enrollment to begin, and in the meantime, you may want to include an enrollment begins message or alternative instructions for how learners can be enrolled.