A round-up of all improvements and changes to Dawn in version v2021.0421.154759 available on April 22, 2021.
Easily resize images in Dawn's text editors
You can now easily resize images in Dawn's WYSIWYG and Markdown editors at any time.
With the WYSIWYG editor, you just click on the image and use the Resize image window to adjust the width, height, and aspect ratio.
If you prefer the Markdown editor:
- Upload the image to the Resource library.
- Select the Markdown editor.
- Add HTML-style image tag with width and/or height attributes, like this:
<img alt="Woman sleeping at table" src="arun-sharma-1120051-unsplash.1000-1500.jpg" width="100">
altis the alternative information for an image if a user can't view it (because of slow connection, an error in the
srcattribute, or if the user uses a screen reader).
srcis the image's filename as it appears in the Resource library.
heightattributes to change the size at any time.
Add links to content in a course or other catalog entry
Authors can now add Content links that navigate to specific instructions in a course or catalog entry. They can be added using any of the text editors found in a catalog entry, including Newsletters, Instructions, Projects, Enrollment reports, etc.
- Click the Insert content link in the text editor toolbar.
- Choose the Instruction you want to point to.
- Provide the Link text that you want to appear for learners.
The link appears and takes learners to the instruction you chose.
New Video overlay options!
Authors have new options for click actions in Video overlays!
They can now set up the click to take learners to a website (either in the same window or a new window).
Or set them up to jump a learner to a different Interaction in the same Instruction. z
New Note Interaction options!
Note Interactions are fullscreen content that can be created to appear during a Video Instruction while the video pauses.
Notes are informational-only, meaning that learners review the text and images on the screen, and click Continue when they are done. Previously, clicking Continue always continued playing the video from where it paused, but now authors can set up the Continue button to:
In this release, we also:
- Fixed an issue where users could set a Time-based cohort Expire date that had already passed.
- Fixed an issue where bulk enrolling to a Time-based cohort with Expire date would fail.
- Fixed an issue where Newsletters were sometimes not being sent as scheduled.
- Gave admins and coaches the ability to download or print the learner response summary report.