Time-based cohorts are enrollment groups where members are allowed to access a catalog entry only after a specified date and time. Administrators and Authors can create them.
Time-based cohorts are created managed as a type of Group in Dawn (administrators can also create them when enrolling multiple learners at once with a purchase order).
When adding learners to Groups, you can:
- Check the Time-based cohort box.
- Provide the Start date and Start time at which members of this group can access content and provide an optional Expires date if you want access removed on a certain date.
- If you choose to make a Time-based cohort group Private, the option to allow learners to self-enroll is not allowed for that cohort.
- Newsletters using enrollment relative release dates will be automatically updated to follow the dates specified for each Timed-based cohorts, so you don't have to worry about updating them manually!
How do I Enable self-enrollment in Time-based cohorts?
For catalog entries where Time-based cohorts are available, authors can enable self-enrollment in specific Time-based cohorts when learners sign up for content.
- To open the authoring tools, choose to edit the catalog entry from the Administration tools > Catalog screen.
- Select Catalog.
- Check the Enable self-enrollment box and choose Enable self-enrolling in a time-based cohort. This gives leaners the ability to choose any Time-based cohorts that haven't begun, yet, or to choose No group.
- Check the Require learners to choose a cohort to force learners to choose a Time-based cohort that hasen't begun, yet (the No group option is removed).
- Click Manage groups to make changes to Time-based cohorts and other Groups for this catalog entry.
When learners enroll in the catalog entry, they are given the option (or required) to choose a Time-based cohort.