Build and manage your Dawn site
How do Newsletters work in Dawn?
Dawn enables you to easily set up communication with your users! Newsletters are sent as emails to all enrollees, and are also accessible in their Newsletter screen.
You can schedule Newsletter delivery in three ways:
Specific date and time: You can schedule a specific date and time on which you want a Newsletter to be delivered to all learners in your catalog entry, regardless of when they enrolled.
- Example: All learners in the catalog entry receive Newsletter 1 on January 20, 2022 even if they enroll on different dates.
Relative to individual enrollment date: You can choose to have a Newsletter be delivered to each learner in your catalog entry a specified number of days after each individual's enrollment date.
Example: Newsletter 1 is scheduled to be delivered two days after enrollment.
- Learner 1 enrolled on June 3, 2021, so they will receive Newsletter 1 on June 5, 2021.
- Learner 2 enrolled on July 8, 2021, so they will receive Newsletter 1 on July 10, 20201.
- Example: Newsletter 1 is scheduled to be delivered two days after enrollment.
Relative to Time-based cohort enrollment date: You can set Timed-based cohorts to begin the enrollments for a group of learners on the same date--no matter when each signs up. You can then choose to have a Newsletter be delivered to every member of a Time-based cohort a specified number of days after that Time-based cohort's enrollment date.
Example: Newsletter 1 is scheduled to be delivered two days after each Time-based cohort enrollment begins.
- Learner 1 and Learner 2 each signed up for Time-based cohort 1 on different days. Time-based cohort 1's enrollments are scheduled to begin on June 3, 2021, so both Learner 1 and Learner 2 will receive Newsletter 1 on June 5, 2021.
- Learner 3 and Learner 4 each signed up for Time-based cohort 2 on different days. Time-based cohort 2's enrollments are scheduled to begin on July 8, 2021, so both Learner 3 and Learner 4 will receive Newsletter 1 on July 10, 2021.
- Example: Newsletter 1 is scheduled to be delivered two days after each Time-based cohort enrollment begins.
To set up a Newsletter, open a catalog entry as an author and select Newsletter:
- Click Add edition.
- Provide an Edition title for the newsletter.
- Specify the schedule:
- Select Release on date and choose the Release date and Release time for one-time newsletters with a specific release date (e.g., announcements, special events, etc.).
- Select Release relative to enrollment start and provide the number of Days after enrollment start after which you want the newsletter to be sent for communication that you want all enrollees to get as a standardized part of the catalog entry experience (e.g., reminders to set up the first coaching session, encouragement to keep going, etc.). In courses with Timed-based cohorts, newsletters using relative release dates are automatically updated to follow the dates specified for each cohort.
- Learn more
- Compose the Body of the newsletter.
- Attach any Learner materials that you want to include with the newsletter.
Have a question or feedback? Let us know over in Discussions!
Articles in this section
- Administration tools
- Create your Dawn coaching site (Root/Site Admin Guide)
- Administration and authoring tools
- How do people join my site?
- How do I enroll learners?
- How do I add administrators to my site?
- How do I give users coach permissions and add them to a course?
- How do I add authors to a course?
- How do I create and manage groups in Dawn?
- How do Administrators update and manage billing?