A round-up of all improvements and changes to Dawn in version v2021.0311.163642 available on March 11, 2021.
Branching Video Stories let learners choose their own learning paths!
Video story interactions in Dawn allow learners to choose their own pathways when viewing and interacting with video content!
At key moments in Video stories, learners are given multiple choice questions and their answers determine what content they see next. This makes instructional videos more engaging, allowing learners to explore according to their own interests, knowledge, and needs!
Build Video stories easily right in Dawn!
You can create Video stories easily with Dawn's authoring tools, and send your learners on powerful self-guided explorations, allowing them to choose which content they cover, which decisions characters should make in stories, and any other learning paths you can imagine!
Use images in Sorting interactions!
You can now use graphical Item and Category types in Sorting interactions. All types include:
- Text only; text that exceeds the size of the card can be scrolled.
- Centered images are centered on the card so it is all shown.
- Full card images (pictured) to take up the card (if the image is not square, it will be cropped).
Customize and localize receipts
Site Administrators can now customize Payment receipts with Dawns Message templates!
In this release, we also:
- Made significant security updates.
- Added "processing" and "translating" progress animations for authors when they're uploading videos and translating transcripts.
- Added password strength indicators and recommendations.
- Updated invite-only sites to allow for Google SSO, and fixed an issue that wasn't allowing invites to be sent reliably for invite-only sites.
- Added a menu to transcript text that allows authors to move and duplicate text items.
- Introduced top-panel tab control for the interaction player, so learners can more easily track and navigate their progress through interactions.
- Gave administrators the ability to re-send invitation emails from the Learners and enrollment screens.