A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in versions v3.0.219 available on March 11, 2021.
Coming soon: New footer with notifications
Starting on March 18, we will begin to rollout updated notification messages in Buzz to help users better manage them. Notification messages sent to an email address will have a new footer that:
- Indicates why the message is being sent to a user.
- Includes a link to the user's notification preferences, so they can manage and/or change them.
New and updated Domain feature switches
In this release, we made the following updates to Domain feature switches:
- Added Enable user notifications. When disabled, the Notification preferences card is hidden in User settings and no notifications are sent to users (including the banner asking users to verify email addresses and phone numbers).
- Updated the Enable email switch, so that, when disabled, Buzz no longer allows users to receive messages sent by another user from Buzz.
Support for SpeechStream version 3
Buzz now supports SpeechStream Version 3. In order to use SpeechStream V3, obtain a SpeechStream V3 Config value from your SpeechStream contact and enter it in the appropriate field in Domain settings, and update the SpeechStream URL for V3.
In this release, we:
- Improved the Admin > Users > Enrollments screen by adding a Term column (which appears as a School year column where enabled).
- Improved how the cancel/save/back buttons behave after navigating to a Buzz screen when the last page viewed was outside of Buzz.
- Added Xfinity Mobile to notification phone carrier options.
- Improved the way captured images are added with the rich-text editor by automatically positioning the cursor after the captured image instead of keeping the image selected.
In this release, we:
- Fixed an issue in the Editor > Syllabus screen where deleting an already-assigned Choice activity from a folder's choice list would not remove it from the choice list until refresh.
- Resolved an issue with navigating to the Grade editor from the Pending scores screen in the admin app.
- Resolved a math rendering issue with a formula containing a
- Resolved an issue where the insert video and insert audio dialogs were positioned too far above the student submission editor.
- Fixed an issue in the Activity player > Submission editor where clicking directly on an image without clicking in the space around the image wouldn't bring up the image editor toolbar.
- Resolved a style issue that prevented the student grouping table from scrolling properly.
Updates in version 2021.03.10.5698.
- General system improvements.