A round-up of all improvements and changes to Dawn in version v2021.0218.162621 available on February 18, 2021.
Coming soon: Branching Video Stories let learners choose their own learning paths!
Note: Branching Video stories are currently available as an alpha feature in Dawn. This means:
- The feature is currently under development, and significant changes to workflows and functionality are expected.
- All Video stories created in alpha will be lost once the feature is fully released. Feel free to play with the feature, but remember that none of that work will be retained.
Video story interactions in Dawn allow learners to choose their own pathways when viewing and interacting with video content!
At key moments in Video stories, learners are given multiple choice questions and their answers determine what content they see next. This makes instructional videos more engaging, allowing learners to explore according to their own interests, knowledge, and needs!
Build Video stories easily right in Dawn!
You can create Video stories easily with Dawn's authoring tools, and send your learners on powerful self-guided explorations, allowing them to choose which content they cover, which decisions characters should make in stories, and any other learning paths you can imagine!
Resize images when you insert them!
Dawn now gives you the opportunity to resize an image when you insert it into our Markdown and WYSIWYG editors. After you browse to and choose an image file, you are now shown a preview of the image with Width, Height, and Aspect ratio controls. Resize the image and Save.
Once placed, the image will have to be re-inserted to be resized.
In this release, we also:
- Improved View as learner functionality.
- Fixed a pagination issue in the Review submissions screen.
- Fixed a sorting issue for Sessions and Time spent columns.
- Fixed an issue where Administrators were unable to use credit card information to enroll learners.
- Fixed an issue where the catalog entry status was not always displaying correctly in the Admin > Catalog > Enrollments screen for enrollments that were repurchased after expiration.