A round-up of all improvements and changes to Dawn in version v2021.0114.175412 available on January 14, 2021.
Edit Enrollment expiration dates
When creating enrollments, administrators have the option of including an Enrollment expiration date. Administrators can now edit those enrollment dates at any time.
Videos automatically pause when browser tab is hidden
Dawn videos are now automatically paused when a user hides their browser tab by:
- Minimizing the window.
- Selecting a different tab.
- Starting a new tab.
Updated catalog to better highlight catalog entry features
Previously, only the number of videos and runtime were listed as features of the catalog entries in the Catalog. We now list all the features, including:
- Peer discussions (always available)
- Number of videos
- Total duration for the course
- Number of projects
- Number of interactions (activities)
- Coach available for questions
- Coach available for sessions
- Newsletters enabled
- Certification available upon mastery
- Questionnaires available
- Number of supplemental material files (documents)
Updated video transcription tool
We updated the video transcription tool to better accommodate replacing current videos.
- If you are uploading a new video or are replacing a video that has no transcript, you can now choose whether you want to Transcribe or not. If you don't transcribe the video, you will have to edit/upload your own transcript later.
If you are uploading a video resource that already exists, the Video audio language dialog now detects that the resource already exists (using the filename) and:
- Shows (overwrite) next to the file name.
- Shows the option to Re-transcribe the video to generate a new transcript where a transcript already exists. If you uncheck this option, the existing transcript is left alone.
In this release, we also:
- Gave administrators permissions to create and edit catalog entries without being given explicit authoring rights.
- Gave site administrators can the ability to configure the default phone number region for the installation. This impacts how phone numbers are parsed and displayed in places like the user settings and login screens.
- Updated some of the keyboarding controls in Dawn.
- Updated the player's table of contents to expand only a single section when launched to improve load times and user experience in large courses.
- Updated the player to automatically page Likert interactions that have more than 10 questions.
In this release, we also:
- Fixed an issue where a previously viewed Vimeo video would sometimes be shown where a different video was supposed to play when using the View as learner tool as a author.
- Updated the player to show supplemental material at the bottom of the transcript panel.
- Fixed an issue where background notifications would sometimes not show.
- Fixed an issue where the starting video position would sometimes be determined by the previous video.
- Fixed an issue where catalog ratings were not always going through.