A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in versions v3.0.208 available on January 7, 2021.
New Flashcards activity!
Try Buzz's new Flashcards activity!
Flashcards are non-gradable activities designed to allow learners to review content and help them commit it to memory.
Here's how they work:
- Authors can add text or an image to each side of each card, and can choose to display them as a Grid or a Stack.
- Learners see the front of the card, and try to remember, imagine, guess, etc, what's on the other side.
- Flashcard activities are marked complete when a learner has flipped all of the cards in the activity.
Learn more: Flashcards activity editor
Grid display with images and text
Stack display with text only
In this release, we also:
- Resolved an issue with admins navigating to Grade editor from student Grades > For me screen.
- Improved activity stream to handle posted announcements that are subsequently deleted.
- Resolved an issue with positioning the autocomplete field drop-down window while scrolling the browser window.
- Updated copyright year to 2021.
- Changed the number input fields in the assessment grader and rubric grader to ignore mouse-wheel scrolling so that you don't inadvertently change the score when you try to scroll the page with your mouse wheel.
- Improved layout of printer-friendly version of student grades screen by decreasing column margins and adding a Scale field so that you can easily adjust the print size.
- Resolved a clipping issue with the upload icon button for course resource fields.
Updates in version 2021.01.07.5330.
- General system improvements.
Item Data: Added a
flashcardsdefinition. This activity displays a pile of flashcards.