A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in versions v3.0.205 available on December 3, 2020.
Security improvements for single sign-on (SSO)
We have updated our single sign-on (SSO) workflows to conform to the latest browser security protocols and cookie-handling standards. This includes:
- Redirecting the current browser window for SSO credential screens.
- Removing the Open login in a new window checkbox in Domain settings for all authentication types. Showing SSO credential screens in a new browser window or in a popup window caused problems for end-users with popup-blockers and prevented some SSO providers from working correctly.
New option requiring students to complete activities in Syllabus order
Teachers and course authors now have the ability automatically require students to complete activities in the order they set up in the Syllabus using a new setting in Course settings > Advanced options:
- Students must complete each activity in order
Rich text editor updates
We have made the following updates to the Rich text editor:
In this release, we:
- Fixed a display issue where long tag names in blog posts wouldn't wrap correctly.
- Added rollover help text to long tag names in blog posts.
- Resolved an issue with incorrectly showing empty student groups in the Clipboard.
- Resolved an issue where the Syllabus page would scroll down when an activity at the top of the page was selected.
- Fixed an issue in Mastery reports where objectives that had been removed from a course would still appear in the Course mastery report.
Updates in version 2020.12.03.5240.
- General system improvements.