A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in versions v3.0.202 available on November 5, 2020.
Improved SSO process for CAS and SAML authentication
In Domain settings, when you have configured either CAS or SAML, we now display a field for the allowed application hostname for increased security. This becomes the hostname that is allowed to authenticate through the Buzz SSO. For many customers, it will be agilixbuzz.com.
When configuring SAML using the newly released SAML option, Buzz automatically adds this hostname during setup based upon the current hostname being used during configuration. When using CAS, we added a button to update the field to the current hostname. Domain Administrators who have configured CAS should open Domain settings and click the Update button to populate the field.
In this release, we also:
- Updated Publish Anywhere to support group- or enrollment-specific settings. At this time, there is no way to adjust these settings in Publish Anywhere but would have to be configured through Buzz.
- Updated the Automatically assign zero scores to past-due activities feature to remove an automatically assigned zero score from an activity if the setting has been disabled.
- Updated video recording behavior to allow users to move the video window on the screen to allow them to better see what they need to while recording (e.g., teachers can better see the submission they are grading).
- Resolved an issue where a video uploaded by a student would not appear in the Gradebook if the student was able to submit the activity before Buzz finished processing the video.
- Fixed an issue in the Question editor where variables with less-than signs would not render as equations.
- Fixed an issue in the Question editor where editing a question that used replacement variables within media resource paths would cause Buzz to not recognize the replacement variables when generating the question.
- Fixed an issue where a password-protected activity would not always display immediately after providing a valid password.
- Updated the Clipboard to ensure that activities copied from the Digital library are visible when assigned to students.
- Updated the Teacher > View/delete courses page to show blank values for course enrollments that do not have start and end dates.
- Fixed an issue when attempting to score, or update grade settings, for an assigned activity that no longer exists in the Gradebook.
Updates in version 2020.11.03.5165.
- General system improvements.