The authoring tool includes two menus:
Along the left side of Dawn's Settings tool is the menu of components that can be edited. The right panel displays cards where authors can edit and add content to build the entry.
Use the Settings menu to manage your course's metadata, look-and-feel, coaches, authors, etc.
- Settings, including title, cover image, and authors.
- Catalog details, like price, promotional messaging and videos, and descriptions.
- Coaches and coach scheduling.
- Mastery details, like required mastery rewards and certificate.
- Resource library, including instructional videos and supplemental content.
- Learner materials that are included.
- Newsletter, where you can create and schedule newsletters for your users.
- Title your course.
- Select a Cover poster that represents your course in the Catalog and elsewhere.
- Choose which page you want to always open first from the Launch page for learners dropdown, including:
- Check the This is a template box to allow this course to be copied and used as a starting point when creating new courses.
- Add/remove Authors.
Upload the Cover poster files using Resource library.
- You can review and copy the link to your course in the Catalog page. You can share this link with users, so they can learn about it and enroll.
- If Publishers are enabled in your site, the Publisher is listed and can be changed.
- Choose Payment option (One time fee or Monthly subscription).
- Enter pricing details (Price, Full price, and Promotional message).
- Check Featured in catalog if you want Dawn to place the course at the top of the Catalog screen and to take priority in searches.
- Select the Cover video learners will see in on the course preview screen.
- Provide your course Description. Depending on the template you use, there may already be content here.
Upload the Cover video files using Course resources.
- Add and remove course Coaches by checking/unchecking boxes next to them (give users coach permissions with the administrator view).
- Enable 1-to-1 and 1-to-many coach scheduling.
- Indicate the percentage of Mastery award points learners need to earn for course completion.
- Course completion progress is shown to learners as a percentage with 100% indicating full completion. If you choose 85% as the required number of Mastery award points need to complete the course, learners will see 100% course completion once they've earned 85% of the possible Mastery award.
- Uncheck the Issue a certificate at course completion box if you don't want to issue certificates. If you do want to issue a certificate:
- Provide a Certificate image (8.5 x 11) that is used as the background. Dawn's template course provides a default image for this.
- Click Help to learn how to use dynamic variables to complete the Dynamic fields.
- Click each of the options in the Dynamic fields section (Name, Course, Day, and Year) to customize the content, placement (xy axis), size, and style of this text.
- Click the plus sign to add dynamic fields.
- You can see a preview generated below.
Upload the Certificate image files using Resource library.
In the Resource library panel you can review all resource files attached to the course and:
- Upload new files. When uploading videos, you are prompted to choose the transcript language.
- Search the Resource library.
- Sort the results using Name, Size, or last Modified date.
- Delete existing files.
- Review the amount of storage your course uses.
In Materials panel, you can add materials as Attachments or Websites to each. To add Learning materials, click Add attachment or Add website, at the bottom of the screen.
Then choose the Instruction you want to attach it to.